2023 Scholarship Application
The Michigan Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation is pleased to announce the application process for a competitive scholarship.
This award is intended to support students pursuing degrees in SLP or Audiology in the state of Michigan who plan to work in the state of Michigan following graduation. The Michigan Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation (MSHF) has been committed to student scholarship since 2006 and has given out over $30,000 in scholarships thus far.
The scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $500.00
Full-time graduate students currently enrolled in their final year of a professional graduate program (Master’s SLP, or AuD) in the state of Michigan who intend to work in Michigan post-graduation. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate program.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit materials as one PDF. This PDF must contain the following information, in the order provided below.
The PDF file must be saved as: LastName_FirstName_MSHF_Scholarship_2023_Application.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading 2023 MSHF Scholarship Application.
The following materials, in the following order, are required for consideration:
- Cover Sheet including the following information
- Full Name of Applicant
- Mailing Address
- University and Program Currently Enrolled (SLP/AuD)
- 500-word essay including:
- Description of your unique graduate school experiences in preparing for your future career
- Description of your plan for clinical service career or additional academic pursuits in the state of Michigan following graduate school
- Description of your current and future volunteer/leadership roles within the profession
- Description of your career goals for next 3-5 years
- 1 to 2-page resume
- Letter of support from a current faculty member
- Current graduate academic transcript
Recipients will be notified via email and scholarships will be awarded at the 2023 MSHA Convention. Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit a recent photo for use at awards ceremony and on MSHF website. Scholarship recipients will also be featured on the MSHF website and MSHA social media platforms and asked to submit information to support this feature.
Friday, February 3, 2023 at 5:00pm